Skyway Water & Sewer District
6723 S 124th St.
Seattle, WA 98178
206-772-7343  Office
844-204-4170  After Hours
206-772-5860  Fax
Skyway Water & Sewer District
Pay Now

Get Acrobat Reader


Special Notice
Jun 15, 2017
Read the complete story

Welcome to Skyway Water & Sewer District!

We're glad you're here and hope this website will provide you with useful information about Skyway Water & Sewer District -- your local water and sewer service provider.

What We Are -- Who We Serve
Skyway Water & Sewer District is a Special Purpose District located in the West Hill area of unincorporated King County. The West Hill area includes the neighborhoods of Bryn Mawr, Campbell Hill, Earlington, Hilltop, Lakeridge, Panorama View, Skycrest and Skyway. The District shares service boundaries with the cities of Renton, Tukwila, Seattle, and King County Water District #125. Skyway's service area is approximately 1.8 square miles for water (serving 3,350 customers) and 2.7 square miles for sewer (serving 4,050 customers). The District maintains approximately 40 miles of water mains and 48 miles of sewer system piping.

How We Operate
As a local municipality, Skyway operates under the authority of Title 57 of the Revised Code of Washington. The District is subject to Federal, State and Local regulations. Three local citizens are elected to Skyway's Board of Commissioners by voters living within the District's Boundaries. The Board of Commissioners establishes District water and sewer rates, sets policies, and oversees operations. The Board meets regularly on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. All meetings are open to the public. Day to Day District administrative and operational duties are carried out by a nine-member staff along with consulting engineers and counsel.



If you live, work, or spend time in West Hill, come learn about using rain gardens to protect your property and keep the Puget Sound clean at the West Hill Community Association Fall Quarterly Meeting on October 17th at the Skyway VFW Post. 

King County Department of Permitting and Environmental Review in partnership with Stewardship Partners will host a table and give a presentation on “Rain Gardens: Protecting Neighborhoods and Puget Sound One Drop at a Time.” Doors open at 6:00pm for the community tabling session and presentations start at 7:00pm. The event is free and open to the public. See more details at the EVENT WEBPAGE.






 Make it a straight flush! Video credit to Seattle Public Utilities.


MRSC Rosters maintains the Skyway Water & Sewer District Small Works and Consultant Rosters

To continue eligibility to work on small public works projects or consultant projects please join MRSC Rosters for free at and select Skyway Water & Sewer District in your account.
For more information about joining, contact MRSC Rosters at 206-625-1300 or



Featured Articles:

FOG in the Sewer

FOG in the Sewer
Did you know that FAT, OIL, AND GREASE or F-O-G is the number one cause of sewer backups in homes, apartments and food service establishments? Even a small amount of FOG in drains can cause serious ... Read the complete story

Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I get help with my bill?

The following is a list of agencies that may be able to provide assistance in your time of need:

  • SKYWAY/SALVATION ARMY'S CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (CAP) Skyway Water and Sewer District and the Renton Salvation Army are working together to provide utility bill payment assistance to all qualifying Skyway customers. The Salvation Army will administer the program and screen all applicants for eligibility. If you are in need of help in paying your water or sewer bill, please give us a call at 206-772-7343. We will provide you with necessary account information and refer you to a Salvation Army social service representative for screening and assistance. To reach the Renton Salvation Army directly, you may call 425-255-5969.



  • COMMUNITY INFO LINE-CRISIS CLINIC (Information Resource Agency) (206)461-3200 Crisis Clinic offers an array of support services available to everyone in King County. Their telephone services provide immediate, confidential assistance for people in emotional distress, as well as those needing information on health and human service organizations. Crisis Clinic's online resource database has comprehensive information on over 7,800 services in King County.

  • ST. VINCENT DE PAUL (206)767-6449

  • SOUTH KING COUNTY MULTI SERVICE CENTER (Energy Only) (253)854-3437 ext. 106

When seeking agency assistance in paying your utility bills, please remember these helpful hints:

  • Please be aware that agencies may be able to help on a one-time basis only.

  • Have all your information current; outstanding utility bills; account numbers, etc.

  • Be pleasant (do not be impatient or rude). These people also want to help you out of your difficulties. Sometimes you will have the wrong agency for your problem. (Keep trying, with a smile.)

  • DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. Most help will involve an appointment and this could take several weeks.

  • ON YOUR OWN, ASK EACH COMPANY where you are BEHIND IN YOUR BILLS if they have a budget plan or a plan that lets you pay a small amount of cash on a consistent basis. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

  • If you find a helpful person, THANK THEM. Do not talk negative about any organization.

  • Learn to budget and set aside moneys for utilities ALL YEAR LONG. Even if you don't use heat in the summer, you can set aside some extra cash for fall and winter.


• View All F.A.Q.'s

top of page